Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thank Yous

I really wanted to say thank you to everyone in person last night, but it just wasn't possible. I had such a wonderful evening at the banquet, all of the gifts were so generous and thoughtful. I love the Red Sox pitcher, the jogging stroller is just fantastic, and all of the congratulations and pats on the back from everyone meant the world to me. Thank you so much, booster club, parents, kids, coaches, it was just great.

I also want to thank all of the athletes who ran for me this season. I know I can be very unreasonable, I know my standards are incredibly high and sometimes unrealistic, but I am so proud of all of you for giving it your all and doing your best every single day. Whether you finish the season with a trip to State, or a PR in your event, or knowing that you really are a runner and you really do deserve to be one of the best; that is awesome. Just awesome.

And finally, the seniors who are leaving to go to college, I will miss you immensely. The team has a huge hole to fill, and we are going to have to work very hard to make up for you guys. And to the three seniors who sacrificed their final year of XC, you will always have a huge place in my heart. Loyalty is a virtue I value very highly, and just to have the honor of working with you means the world to me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, it is time to shut it down for a couple of weeks. Check back in a couple of weeks for some news on Red Rocks and summer training, but for now, I suggest to all runners to take 2-3 weeks off from running. Let your bones, tendons, ligaments heal up, let your brain recharge, let your muscles grow back stronger. I am going to hang out with little Chloe for the summer, and I am really excited about that. If you would like to come visit, we would love to see you, but please give a call first. Chloe needs her rest too! :)



SEP


1 comment:

STEVE-O said...

Lance Armstrong just had a baby too :)