Sunday, December 16, 2007

Thursday's Work-Out

I have posted the times for the runners here, and the map is located here. Do not do this work-out in the dark, try to attack it right after school!

Study the map beforehand. You can zoom in to see more details, make it a hybrid map to see satellite shots of the roads. Make sure you know where you are going. The route is somewhat intuitive, the turns are obvious, make sure you know where you are at all times!

The start and the finish are a few miles from each other, so arranging transportation from the finish back to the start might be necessary for some athletes. Unless you plan on running to the start as a warm-up and running home as a cool-down! I remember, back in my "glory" days, my good friend Chris Wolski and I ran 5 miles to a ten km road race in college, then we ran the five miles back. Wow, I was in much better shape then, huh? I even think I did OK in that race, I certainly did not come in last. (I think my coach did though!)

Make sure to get a good warm-up and a good stretch in before you begin this work-out.

You should feel like you are exerting the same effort that you have been exerting in the previous Thursday hard runs.

Stretching and a good cool-down are imperative when you finish.

I will not be there, but do not hesitate to run with your teammates. I would assume the seniors will step up and make sure everything is taken care of, but I also assume that all athletes can be self-sufficient to a great extent. Remember, one twig is weak, a bundle of twigs is strong!!

2 comments:

k.dutton said...

Hey coach the workout was pretty great today, i know i felt good and i know that almost everyone was fast, the downhills certainly helped.

Caroline and I came in at 32:42
Kelli and Melanie at 38:20 (after a slight detour)
Kelsey at 39:48

k.dutton said...

o and steve came so it was a lot of fun (he had some sweet colorado flag shorts :) )