Thursday, April 16, 2009

Prom & Nike/Littleton Invite

I thought yesterday we had a great meeting with everyone figuring out the line-ups for this weekend. Coach Hawk and I are very pleased that we are fielding such a competitive team even with Prom looming on Saturday night.

About Prom. There are rumors (and they are just that, rumors) that CHS Prom might be changed or delayed like TRHS prom was a couple weeks ago due to bad weather. If that is the case, and the meet is moved to Monday (or even if the meet stays on Saturday), then all the line-ups we did yesterday are thrown out the window. This is why. We have three more weeks left of racing. It is my duty to get the fastest kids as many races as they can possibly get. This is made more difficult with only two entries per event, but if the situation arises where all of the prom kids are suddenly "free" for those races, then we will race the fastest kids in the most events. I do not know what changes would occur, but they will be made last minute, and some kids might be shut out of some events. For that , I apologize, but it needs to be that way at this stage in the season.

With this short amount of time left in the season, I need to race my fastest kids who want to work hard and dedicate themselves to track seven days a week. Being fast is great, but not being dedicated is a major strike against you. In other words, I want to put out there the fastest kids who want to race, plain and simple. If you are one of those kids, then I will do whatever I can to take care of you. If you are not, then you need to get faster or become more dedicated. I don't mean to sound harsh, but we race for the name on the front of the shirt, not the one on the back.

Today, easy run, maybe some hand-off work inside if the weather is inclement, and then pasta dinner!

SEP

No comments: