Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Blizzard 2006

The reports say we got hit with between 24 and 30 inches of snow. I would bet closer to the 30, we are buried here in the Tech Center, but not enough to put the bikes away! And it is still snowing this morning.


I just read an article on the web about our mayor organizing sledding parties for today. I love it, when you can't beat Mother Nature, you might as well join Mother Nature! Very Easter religon-ish, don't you think?
Flights are all cancelled, who knows when, or if, we will be flying out for the holidays.
Otis is exhausted, too much jumping through the snow. Tired puppy.
In the Blizzard of 2003, my truck was in the shop to get a new tire. But, it didn't get done in time, so it stayed there for the duration of the storm. It was at the Discount Tire on Hampden. This week, I brought my truck to the shop for new brakes, the storm hit, and I am assuming my truck is buried under two feet of snow up on Parker/Leetsdale. Weird, how I never have my truck for these big snowstorms, isn't it? I think that is a good thing, to be honest.




No comments: