Friday, February 23, 2007

The Beauty of Gossip & Weekend Practice

So, one parent tells another parent that my blog is ripping on kids for not participating in winter track. Not only is this false, (you can go back and look it up, my personal ethics prevent me from deleting anything after it has been posted), but even if I did say it, so what? It's my blog, it's my opinion, right?

For the record, I assume kids that don't do winter track are busy in something else. That's all.

However, the real odd part of all this is that neither parent actually had read my blog. (I mean, if they had, they would realize that I do not rip kids that don't do winter track.) One person heard it from another, who heard it from another, who might have read the blog, and might not of. And the parent who heard it second or third hand, decides that the posting is inappropriate in some way, and then tells other people his/her thoughts.

The lesson in all of this is: Before you make an opinion of something, get all the facts! Otherwise, when the truth comes out, you might look very silly and short-sighted.

In other news, practice for this weekend:
One day is a 60 minute run on the Cherry Creek Trail on your own.
The other day is cross-training.
Be ready for Spenst Hill x 6 on Monday!!! It will be a very intense work-out!

1 comment:

krisikay said...

Coach Sep,

We are sorry that you are getting a hard time about winter track. We appreciate all the time and hard work you and Coach Hawk put in on this voluntary program.