Sunday, February 4, 2007

Random Thoughts

Wow, lots of ideas running through my head this morning, let's see if I can get them all onto "paper" before I forget them.

I am glad that my blog is more widely read. Got a comment from an opposing coach yesterday who says he reads it, and seems to appreciate it! I need one of of those "hits" counters.

On my interval charts, I got a little freshman who is rapidly ascending past my experienced seniors. The only reason is that the little freshman has been racing, while my seniors have been skiing. Lest we forget, this is a track team, and you will be on the varsity team, the Mt. SAC team, the Regional team, based on your mile results, not your slalom results. I love skiing as much as the next guy, probably more, but in everyone's life, some form of sacrifice must be made.

Hopefully, my receiver is coming tomorrow. This has been such a hassle. I will be very glad when it is finally here.

Some of these kids at the indoor meets, the ones who are running times that are consistent with the times the traditional powerhouses run in mid-April. Don't you get the feeling that speed work in January is a little early? I mean, even the best runners in the country only have two to three good races a year.

Name two members of the Boston Red Sox, and call Coach Laster. Trust me, it is worth it.

I am not watching the Super Bowl today, I am still hurting over the Pats loss two weeks ago. I didn't watch any of the Marlins-Yankees World Series either. I think Peyton Manning works for the company that sold me my receiver.