Monday, May 7, 2007

Been a While

Wow,

What a weekend! I am still on cloud nine after what could be considered the best regular season performance I have seen from the C.H.S. distance track team. Both JV and varsity perfromed so very well, I am so proud of everyone.

The JV races Friday night were awesome. We really stepped it up and came togeher as a team, tons of PR's, a few wins, it was a fantastic night.

State Qualifiers in both 4 x 800 relay teams. That really opens us up to get even more kids into State in even more events this weekend at Regionals.

New school records in both 3200 m races. I love scraping names off that board in the summer!

League Champs in the girls 4 x 800 and the boys 800. Fantastic, awesome, spectacular!

I am so proud of the second place finisher in the boys 3200. I know that he has been working so hard for 5 years now towards this goal, and he finally achieved it, I still can't stop smiling!

The workouts this week are designed to peak at Regionals and carry it over to State. One hard day on Tuesday, then some people will race for State on the weekend, while others will use it as training for State. Either way, we are in fantastic shape heading into the post-season of track.

I have the line-up 90% finalized, I just need to talk to Coach Pfeiffer about a few spots in the 400. I stayed up very late burning lots of state qualifier CD's thta I am very excited to give those away.

Everyone needs to understand that we aren't done yet, though. Making it to State is fabulous, but we are going to compete at a very high level. The season is not over yet!!! We are still going to work very hard and very smart the next two weeks. Don't lose focus, you have come way to far to lose focus!

The Track team banquet is Saturday night the 19th. I really hope everyone from distance and the entire team can make it. I have a hunch we will be in a very celebratory mood!!!

No comments: