Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Folk-Punk

Last night my brother dragged me out to the Bluebird last night to see some show. It was a band who used to be members of Dispatch, a jam band from Boston that every East Coast College kid listened at the beginning of the century. (I did like Dispatch, but I will be honest, I wasn't as much of a mega-fan as some people are. Huge cult following for that band.)

So, I went, and let me tell you, it was a fabulous show! On a random Tuesday night, no less. State Radio plays some weird kind of folk-punk, where before you know it, you are jumping up and down, dancing around, when you don't even know any of the songs. (I heard a certain member of the Seppala clan even got down in the pit for a few songs.) Great show, great band, certainly not what I expected, so you really should check out their link. Get some of their music, it is really fantastic stuff.

P.S. And they play tonight up in Boulder, if you want to make a last minute trip to check them out before they head back East.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Your brother moshed to State Radio? Haha wtf?! they must be a lot harder live.

Great band though.

Unknown said...

Once again... State Radio is awesome.

See you on Tuesday! I can't wait