Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Fantastic!!


I just want to comment on how unbelievable yesterday's practice was for the entire team. Coach Laster was working with the JV kids, and he said they did an awesome job. Coach Thomas and I were working with the varsity kids, and I can say they had their best practice of 2008, by far.

We did a really difficult ladder workout, starting with 400's at R1 pace, heading down and getting faster, until we ended back up at 400's faster than race pace. The awesome thing is, everyone was nailing those last sets of intervals, when they were supposed to be tired and struggling to get through them. I should have seen this coming, after the way we raced at Liberty Bell, but of course I didn't think about it that much. This shows me that the "training is working" and that we need to believe in ourselves when we get out on the race track. We have the physical tools to do amazing things, now we need to get them mental side squared away. We need to trust our bodies and trust our form, and we can finish this season running really, really fast. I smell records falling in the next few weeks, as we are on a huge wave and we need to keep riding it as long as we can!!

No comments: