Sunday, April 6, 2008

I've got good news...

the girls team won the Pikes Peak Invite yesterday! By one point!! Over a heated league rival!!!

(OK, I'll stop with the exclamation points)

But, that win by one single point illustrates a very important fact. We win as a TEAM. I can think of many instances from yesterday where we gained an additional point. The two mile, the hurdles finals, the disc finals, the long jump results, the 4 x 400. We won this the way I predicted we would at the beginning of the year. With multiple placers in multiple events. (Two girls scored in the shotput, the mile, the 800m, the discus, the long jump, the pole vault, the 400m, and I know I forgetting some.) That is awesome, you should all be proud of yourselves!!!!!!!! Couple that with the boys stunning finish last week against some very tough competition, and it looks like CHS track is pointed in the right direction.

Congratulations, and be ready for some great practices this week in preparation for Mullen.

Which brings me to the not-so-good news. We are only allowed two entries for the open events at Mullen. On the distance side, Coach Laster and I will be figuring those out this morning, and have it posted on the blog by this afternoon. It most likely means that some kids will be racing JV this week, and other might ony have one event. In the meanwhile, get a good long run in, 60 easy minutes or so, and enjoy your afternoon off after yesterday's successful day.

SEP

No comments: