Wednesday, October 22, 2008

United State of America Track & Field Cross Country Junior Olympic Qualifier Race Information


On Novemebr 1st, there is a USATF XC JO qualifier race being held right here in Denver. As a group, we raced this race four years ago, if my memory serves me right. I am very excited about his race, DeKoevend Park is a great place to race; good wide starting area, very spectator friendly, nice fast trails, and the people who put on the race are huge fans of running.

I am encouraging all readers of this blog to participate. If you are an active member of WTAFC, this is a great training race for you. If you ran for CHS XC, you are more than welcome to join us. Everyone who runs needs to be a member of USATF, but if you ran winter track for us this past year, you should be all set. If you ran for Sierra XC this fall, you are more than welcome to join us. The more the merrier, in my book.

The details are all outlined in the USATF Info. Brochure, but the main points are as follows:
--The race is on Nov. 1, at DeKoevend Park, which is just north of the corner of University and Arapahoe.
--You will race in your age group, and all age groups start at a different time.
--It's six bucks to race, and you must send in your registration by Oct. 28th. WTAFC will not register you, that is up to you.
--No day of race registration.

It looks like most athletes will be racing between 11:00 and 1:00, so we can meet at my place in the morning, carpool over as a big group, and then race our individual races. I hope we get a big turn-out for this, like I said, this is a great race and I am looking forward to it.

Email me if you have any questions!

SEP

No comments: