Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Full Utilization

One thing that I have always tried to stress is that athletes need to utilize their time spent practicing 100% if they want to realize their potential. If an athlete wastes time during practice, slacks off in the exercise during practice, or even just shows up late to practice, they are really not getting the chance to be as awesome as they could potentially be.

It takes self-discipline and a strong will to be able to do this on a consistent basis. The more you practice being full aware and engaged during your training, the easier it gets, but it is tough to do. I understand, it is hard to do every hill as perfect as possible, or every squat 100% correct, but the more you can do this, the closer you get to fulfilling your potential. I had a coach growing up who said, "Practice does not make perfect, practice makes permanent. "

If you practice things poorly, you will perform poorly, that's why you need to be giving everything you got when training, so you have something to call upon when you are racing.

SEP

P.S. I know I didn't post it in the weekly training, but what do people think about a 45-60 min run from my house on Saturday? (Then a trip to Einstein's.) If there is interest, we will do it, let me know at practice this week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EINSTEINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!