Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nordic Skiing

Yesterday afternoon, when Beth and I were driving back to my parents house, I noticed that the local golf course had been groomed for some Nordic skiing. So, when we got home, my Dad and I dug out some old skis, threw some wax on them, scrounged around for some warm clothes, and threw the boots by the pellet stove to warm up.

This morning, with the temperature hovering around 10 degrees, my Dad and I left the house in the dark at 6:30 to get some exercise in. It was pretty fun, even though the trails were pretty rough, we couldn't see anything for the first twenty minutes, and we ended up bushwhacking through thigh deep snow to get back on the main trail. But, the both of us did get some good skiing in up the last hill, with my old man going a pretty good imitation of Olympic champion Bjorn Dahlie. (Right before he caught a tip and took a digger right at the crest of the hill.)

Finally, we hiked back up to the car, drove home carefully, and then spent the rest of the day shopping at the outlets. A great day overall!

Hope everyone has a great Christmas tomorrow, and we wish you all a relaxing peaceful day.

SEP

No comments: