Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flying to Orlando

Wow, I just spent a very long time on the phone with Carmen, a very helpful lady from the internet airplane ticket website. And I bought three tickets, for the three chaperones/coaches who are going, and here are the details.

Coach Maroney, Ms. Maier, and myself are flying out of Denver on Southwest #0972 at 8:00 am on Friday the 13th. We will be there early if athletes are flying out beforehand, to help with check-in, ticketing, etc, but we will not be there afterwards, obviously. So, try and get a flight out of Denver at or before 8:00. Otherwise, you might be on your own. We will wait at the airport in Orlando for as long as neccessary, if prior arrangements are made, to transport athletes to the hotel.

Coming back on Sunday the 15th, now this gets complicated. After many cancellations, begging from me, and re-booking overbooked flights, I will be flying back to Denver on AirTran 746 & 342 (44 min for lunch in ATL) that leaves at 10:11 am. Coach Maroney and Ms. Maier are flying on Southwest #1012 at 10:30 am. I guess there were no more seats on the direct flight, or something got booked wrong, I really don't know. So, we will be able to help any athletes with ticketing, check-in, etc. in Orlando, until the later flight at 10:30 leaves.

I guess the whole point to the story is (other than flying being one of the leading causes of stress in my life), please do your best to communicate your needs to the coaches if you are not on the same relative time schedule as us. Also, we are a team, and we will all need to help each other out. I don't think any problems will arise from this, but if they do, we need to be mature adults and handle them appropriately. This is one of the potential problems that I feared would arise from not purchasing bulk tickets, but we would not have even been able to attend the trip if we had to buy all the tickets from the track budget on this short notice.

So, let's all try and make this work, let's all be positive, and let's all get excited. I think this trip is going to be great, and I am very eager to show CHS track off to all those schools in Florida!

SEP

No comments: