Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Orlando Trip Forms

Before I start rambling on about forms and signatures and medical stuff, I just want to make sure people are clear on the flying portion of the Disney trip.  I understand that we probably will NOT get on the same flight, which is a real downer, but it is what it is.  Now, if you can get a flight that is *close* to the chaperones flight, that would be great.  The chaperones plan on being at DIA very early to help any athletes with check-in, security, getting to the right gate, etc.  We will also give you instructions and a map for when you arrive in Orlando.  We will have set up a meeting place in the Orlando airport (most likely the food court or baggage claim) where you will need to wait until everyone from CHS arrives.  So, you will probably need to pack a book, or some homework or an iPod, something to help pass the time while you wait for everyone.  Once we all arrive, we get the rental cars and head on over to the hotel.  Simple, huh! :)

So far I have received actual confirmation of flight purchase from one athlete.  You can email me your flight details or you can print me out a copy.  Text messages or verbal communication is not confirmation, I need something more official. 

The deadline for athlete confirmation is this Friday.  Even though we do not have practice, I will be at the stairs at 3:00 with my trusty com-puter ready to get everyone's confirmation.  Please be there on Friday if you plan on going to Orlando.  Also, be ready with the ideas of the events you would like to run.  Unlike spring track, you will have some choice in the events you wish to compete in.  Unlike winter track, you will not have total autonomy.  We will work together, as coach and athlete, to choose your events.

When I do get your official confirmation, I will give you three white packets.  (Color coding would have been nice, but colored paper is getting very expensive, so I stuck with plane ol' white.)  One packet will be titled "CHS T & F Team Medical Release Form".  This is a three page form that needs to be filled out completely by you and your parents.  I will need a copy of your health insurance card attached to it, as well as a copy of a photo ID.  (Student ID's work just fine.)  The firstpage of this form also needs to be notarized by an official notary.  (There is a notary at Sierra Middle School, Chris Van Doren, who said she can help notarize documents for us if need be, just don't forget an ID!) You cannot go on this trip unless I have this form in my possession with all of your information.

The second packet is the standard parental permission slip for overnight trips titled "Douglas County School District Extended Field Trip Parent/Student Permission Release And Agreement Form"  This is three pages long, needs to be filled out totally, and in my possession before you go on this trip.  No notary is needed here, just signatures.

The third packet is the behavior contract.  It is titled "Trip Guidelines for Athletes"  This needs to be read, understood, and signed by both the parent and the athlete.  Only the bottom half of the last page needs to be given back to me before the trip.  Please understand, this is a behavior contract.  Any violation of the rules outlined in this contract will result in two missed varsity meets, no questions asked.  Please do not put me or any of the other chaperones in a position to enforce these consequences.

Looking at the calendar, I will need all of these packets and signatures and forms returned to me by Tuesday the 24th of February.  Earlier is fine, but no later than the 24th.

I plan to have a meeting, tentatively scheduled to be on March 2nd where further details such as hotel arrangements, rental car arrangements, and meet entries will be discussed.

Any specific questions, please feel free to email me, and I will get back to you with the best answers possible.

Thanks for reading this far!

SEP

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still signed up for the mile and 800 right?

Anonymous said...

For meet this weekend not in Florida. Sorry

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah!!!

Brian Seppala said...

yes cam, you are all set for this weekend. No worries

Anonymous said...

Thanks just wanted to confirm since I was not at practice with the rest of the team