Tuesday, July 10, 2007

A Fantastic Work-Out



Here are some pictures from our trip back East. This was specifically from a hike Beth and Otis and I went on.

I will admit, on this trip I did a little too much eating and not enough exercising, but it was very fun nonetheless. I played a little golf (poorly), I went for a bike ride, we walked Otis quite a bit, and certainly ate my three square meals a day!

One morning, Beth and I decided to go for a hike in the White Mtns. of NH. My old stomping grounds, when I was in high school, these were the trails I lived on for two or three summers. We chose an easy hike, the hike up to the Zealand Falls hut. (That's the back country hut you see in the picture.)

A few mistakes were made, like parking three miles from the actual trail head, and forgetting bug spray, but those instances only added to the day. We ended up hiking/running ten miles altogether, getting some great pictures, and throughly exhausting our legs.

So, three hours, ten miles, hiking/jogging (jogging the flat parts of the trail), multiple snack breaks, and icing our feet in the mountain stream at the bottom. I would say that is the perfect description of an over-distance work-out. Too bad I can't get myself to that every week. (or maybe I can!)



1 comment:

Jake Odell said...

I remember when Heth and I lived in Colorado and went back to visit family in New Hampshire. It was impossible to see everyone we wanted to without feeling like we were pulled in too many directions to actually have fun on OUR vacation.

That said, I would have loved to have seen you guys!