Sunday, July 8, 2007

Quick Work-Out Post

Wow, what a trip. More details later, as it was a really good time. I am very glad to be back in Denver though, even if my "To-Do" list is 15 items long! :)

This is a quick post, with the work-outs for this upcoming week. I hear XC camp starts this week. Remember, my work-outs are only suggested, not the law, and you can choose with your own free will to train however you want to.

Here we go:

Monday--7/9--Day off. Monday work as usual. Especially if you went for a long run on Sunday the 8th. Gotta let those muscles grow back stronger! Get some general stength work in, push-up pyramid, circuit work-out, etc.

Tuesday--Long slow distance day. Let me say this real quick. This is when the long slow distance days pay off. I know they can get boring, I know they can get tedious, but when everyone else gives up on them, if you stick with them, it will pay off tremendously! Try to run for 60-75 minutes, and focus on your form and your arms!

Wednesday--I am planning on going to Red Rocks. If you are planning to show up Wednesday morning, let me know!

Thursday/Friday--One of these days, go to the Bluffs and get a long run in, at least two laps, preferably three. The other day, go for a short run, but do some longer pick-ups. Maybe 1/4 of a mile to 1/2 of a mile. Only run for about 30 minutes this day, with 3-4 pick-ups thrown in to work on speed.

Saturday--Easy day. 30 minutes run, nice and easy. No speed, no hills, do the Monfre shuffle.

Sunday--As usual, over-distance day. Push yourself, I know it is hot, but wake up early and get it done!

More postings tomorrow!

Sep

No comments: