Thursday, August 9, 2007

Greatest. Website. Ever.

My good friend Carolyn told me about this website she used all the time at her job up in the mountains this summer. It is www.pandora.com, and it is an internet radio website. You enter in the name of a song or a band you like, and then it creates a playlist of songs that are similar to the song/band you entered. It is based on something called the Music Genome Project, which tries to group somgs and bands by their musical charateristics.

So, check out this free website, and see how much you learn about your favorite bands!

1 comment:

Jake Odell said...

I also have experienced Pandora's greatness, and resisted the urge of configuring a portable device to bring it with me everywhere. I have since burned out on the service and gone back to my iPod and XM for all my music needs.

Here's a tip: don't promote too many songs as 'good'. You'll reduce your catalog to the point where a song can be repeated within the hour!