Saturday, August 18, 2007

Numbers

125. That is the number of athletes we have out on the middle school cross country team. 125, in only two grades! Awesome! We have some hard workers, some really talented kids and also some kids with lots of potential. It should be a very good season.

6,14,10. That is how many innings pitched, hits allowed and runs accounted for Eric Gagne since he joined the Red Sox. Not good, not good at all. In fact, I would call it disgraceful. I think you can throw in 3, for three leads lost, and 0, for zero amount of faith the fans have in him right now. Why does Tito keep trotting him out there? I hope management comes to their senses in October.

2. The number of teams in my new NFL Pick 'em league. If anyone would like to join, let me know and I can give you the info to get into our specific league. It's pretty simple, you pick the team to win each week, (no draft, no line-ups,) and it is free. More rules and description are in the links to the left, you just need a Yahoo! ID to sign up.

1,000,000. That is how much joy I derive from podcasts. Bill Simmon's podcasts, NPR podcasts, Colin Cowherd podcasts. They are free, you download them onto your iPod, and then you get commercial free talk radio with a pause button. As the Guinness guys would say, "Brilliant!!" Suffice to say, I am totally addicted.

More numbers to come...

No comments: