Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Media Coverage




I'm not quite sure how I feel about this....

There are six (6) articles in the Boston area papers today about the impending birth of Tom Brady's kid. (Links courtesy of Boston Sports Media) One from the Worcester Telegram. One from the Boston Globe. One from the Boston Herald, and another from the Providence Journal. There is an opinion column about it as well as one more article touching on the topic in the Hartford Courant.

(My wife grew up kind of near Hartford, I was under the impression that it was more of a N.Y.C. sports town. So shouldn't they have an article on Paul Lo Duca or something like that?)

So is this really that big of a deal? I mean, six articles, in the middle of baseball season, about Tom's kid? And they are not about the kid, just about the date of it's birth! I know it could happen in the middle of football season, but aren't there more important things to write about? Just seems a little overkill to me. Like Olympic figure skating coverage, when we get subjected to Michelle Kwan practice sessions. Blech.

But, it was a good excuse to run a gratitious shot of Bridget Moynahan, right?

No comments: