Sunday, January 20, 2008

Early Morning Quick Hits

If you get a chance to call, text or communicate telepathically with Katelyn, please do so. She has had a rough couple of days, tonsillitis, hospital visits, more hours in a waiting room than you can imagine. We are a team, and we need to support each other, and Katelyn is a valuable member of this team. Get well soon, Wojan, we want you back at practice!!!

Wasn't it great to see Mr. Lake all over the place taking pictures yesterday? I loved it, and I know he has been sick, but he rallies to get some great track shots. As soon as he gets them up on the web, I will have a link to them.

Today, make it a recovery day. TEN minutes of running, (yes, I said 10 minutes), but then 20-30 minutes of dedicated stretching, massage, icing. My recovery day will consist of grading lab reports, taking Otis for a walk, and cheering on the my beloved Patriots. Go TFB, you are so dreamy! But, back to track; our "easy" week last week was not as easy as I would have liked, so we really need to make today a recovery day. Why?

Because tomorrow (Monday) we are going to meet at Spenst Hill at 2:30 for Spenst x 5. Park at the school, jog over, we start the flexibility warm-up at 2:30 sharp!

I hear rumors of a ski trip this Saturday? To Copper perhaps? I said this earlier in the season, if you guys want to organize a ski trip, go for it. But, the athletes (probably the seniors) need to organize it, not the coaches. However, if I remember from my ski club days, if you go through groups sales at Copper, I think you can get 25 dollar lift tickets. Just a thought. (And if it is a go, I am in!!!)

Yesterday's racing was a very good day. Not necessarily because of the times, but because it was a great speed work-out for all of us. I know that when we race, we always want to do better than before, but these races do not count. We use these races to get speed work in, to learn how to warm-up or a race, to learn how to use tactics in a race. No one rememebers, or cares, about the results, these are tools that we can use to be faster in the season, when it does count. So, if you raced great yesterday, build on that and work to get even faster. Don't rest on your laurels. If you raced not as fast as you would have liked yesterday, use that as motivation to train hard in practice and you will reach your goals.

And with that, check out this ski jumping video from last week. Ski jumping under the lights, I love it! I don't think this kid loved it though.



SEP

P.S. Go Patriots!

No comments: