Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Reverse

Let's work backwards for a minute.

A week from today we will be doing the one mile time trial. Last year we did it in Grandview due to snow, this year I am hoping we can get back on the Cherry Creek trail. In fact, I am heading down there this morning to mark it off with the distance wheel. This is a very important work-out, as it sets your early season baseline to how fast you do your intervals, how long you run your long runs, etc. Your best effort a week from now is imperative and expected.

Gymnastics start on Tuesday night. Same place, (Alpha), same time (8:00). Please bring your money and your forms, and most importantly, bring a water bottle!!

Spenst Hill is now on Mondays! Woo-hoo!! Snow only makes it tougher, so hopefully we get some melting on the hill over the weekend.

I need to get in touch with Thomas, but whether he is there or not, (I am betting he will be), three laps at the Bluffs on Saturday, nice and easy, is the prescribed work-out.

This Thursday's (1/3/08) work-out, I have emailed Ms. Dutton and Mr. Abbey the course lay-out and the times you should all try and hit. If I forgot you on the times list, I apologize, but I trust that Ms. Dutton or Mr. Abbey can make the call to place you in an appropriate time slot. When you are finished, ice baths would be appropriate. I strongly feel the most important thing for Thursday will be to make sure that you jog to the starting line as a team as well as jog home afterwards as a team.

I'm getting a new cell phone today (knock on wood) so if you need anything, feel free to contact me. Cell phones work in Iowa, right Katelyn? :) :)

SEP

No comments: