Monday, February 4, 2008

All Comers Open Indoor Meet

Good afternoon,

Our next indoor meet is going to be up in Golden at the School of Mines, the All Comers Open, on Feb 16th. It is a three lane, 193 meter track. The schedule looks favorable for the distance contingent. The mile races start at noon, the half mile races start at 1:00, and they even have a 5000 m race, and that goes off at 3:00.

As you know, I base a lot of your training off of mile times, so I strongly encourage everyone to sign up for at least that high noon mile race. (Although the five k on the track sound pretty fun too.) There are a few people for whom I really do not have accurate data. It is very difficult to gauge the intensity of your interval sessions without up-to-date race data at hand.

That means tomorrow, Feb.5th, will will start asking who wants to sign up for what race and get all of that paperwork sent in. I have never been to this field house, I think it will be a fun day!

SEP

No comments: