Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Can't Read the Calendar



So, I was planning on contacting the meet director about the orienteering race this weekend, and when I double checked the date, I realized it was *next* week, the 6th & 7th of September, Labor Day weekend. D'oh!! Instead of emailing the R.D., I found there is online registration, as well as directions to Saylor Park, where the meet is being held. Wow, how simple! (It looks like the meet is held directly west of Palmer Lake, too bad there is no road over the mountains. The way to go might be through Deckers and Westcliffe, the proverbial "back way", instead of driving all the way down to Co. Springs and back up again. We'll have to see, I guess.)

I am still excited about going, I am these races are a blast! I hope everyone is still stoked to go, even if it is a holiday weekend. This race is a little different, it is a two day meet, and we will be racing on Saturday. There are a lot of varied length races on Saturday, look at the chart on the sign-up page and see which one (or "ones") you want to participate in. (I might give the green course a try.) Also, if your parents, your siblings, or other runner friends want to come along as well, that would be great! The more the merrier, I always say. And of course, any questions or clarification, email me and I will try to help.

So, it looks like this week will be a normal Saturday for us. I am thinking long intervals at Englewood Dam, probably kilometer repeats, with the times starting easy and getting harder as you get tired. Meet at my place at 7:30, and we'll go from there.

See you all this afternoon!

SEP

EDIT: This weekend is Labor Day Weekend, I really can't read the calendar. But the races really are on the 6th & 7th.

No comments: