Monday, August 18, 2008

Improvement

I know I sound like a broken record, (that is an expression for someone who keeps repeating themselves, for all you youngins') but I am constantly amazed at how well everyone is running so far this fall. I mean, we improved by 15% over the exact same work-out last week. Following this simple progressive approach, I feel that the sky is the limit! I mean, Derek did 2 more intervals, in the same amount of time, than he did last week, Kelli and Katelyn came in tired and did one more, Mel took 10 days off and did seven total, and Tyler came in off a broken arm and no training for a month and banged out four at an average of 65 seconds! Unbelievable!!! I don't know what else to say, every new practice seems to open my eyes even wider!!!!

The rest of the week is pretty much on your own.

Tuesday, 20 min active rest day. Make sure to do your ankle and foot strengthening exercises.

Wednesday, long hilly run. Derek, try to go a little longer than you did last week, maybe by five to ten minutes longer. Drag Keagen with you if he makes it out. Tyler, you know I want you on the XC course three times. Mel and Katelyn, go or about an hour, but try to push the hills hard. Kelli will be with me at her first MS meet, she will get plenty of running around, trust me!

Easy long run for all on Thursday, then a Dartmouth Run on Friday. See you all bright and early on Saturday, I got a surprise lined up for ya!

So, time to crunch some numbers from the MS XC TT, we'll see what the next generation is up to. Gotta keep the program strong!

SEP

No comments: