Monday, August 4, 2008

Changes



I was going to put the David Bowie song "Changes" on here, but I couldn't find a good YouTube clip of it. So I went a little more obscure, pulling out this Scorpions classic. Enjoy, all you children born in 1991.

The reason for the theme is that the WTAFC is going to be going through a few changes in the next couple of weeks. We are going to be moving out of the summer training phase and into the fall training phase.

This will require some adjustment on everyone's part. First and foremost, all HS runners need to make a choice. (If you are an alum, and you want to continue running with us before you take off to college, then you can skip this part.) If you plan to run cross country for your school, you need to attend your schools XC practice starting August 11th. You are not allowed to do both WTAFC and your schools XC program. Not only is that unethical, but you body needs to settle into one type of training, running two programs will only hurt you in your running. I hope that is clear, a choice needs to be made by all HS runners. As a personal courtesy, I would like it if you could inform me of your choice by the end of this week, so I can make the appropriate plans for the club.

Also, anyone who chooses to not participate in WTAFC in the fall is NOT ineligible for winter track or for spring track. As I have said many times before, WTAFC is an alternative form of training for those who chose to participate. No one will be excluded at later time of the year, no one will be penalized at any later time of the year.

I would like to meet with the seniors who will be running WTAFC and figure out what our goals, our schedule, our mission, is going to be. What do you, as runners, want to get out of this club? I certianly have some ideas, but I want equal input from the seniors in the club. This club has been founded on meeting the needs of the athlete, not necessarily meeting the needs of any coach. I would like to do this before school starts, so I can get going on solidifying any plans we create. Maybe we can meet Thursday before intervals, as I will be at Sierra all day. Please let me know via text or the comments section.

I am excited for this new phase of training. I belive we can keep captalizing on the fitness we have gained over the summer and translate that into some very eye-opening winter track times. See you all tomorrow for the last Red Rocks session!

SEP

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to meet with the runners that aren't seniors as well?

Brian Seppala said...

Nope, I always meet with seniors only to discuss the upcoming season. If any underclassmen have any input, they should let a senior know. I look at seniors as captains, and I value their ideas greatly.

SEP