Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympic Swimming


Wow, Michael Phelps is a beast, isn't he? Amazing to watch him race, he just destroys the competition!

I have had a few emails asking about a female swimmer from Finland. Her name is Hanna-Maria Seppala, and as far as I know, she is my aunt. :) (Actually, I have no idea how we are related, but I am sure we are somewhere along the line.) She is a world champion, she won a gold at the '03 World Championships, and she is seeded fourth going into the 100 m freestyle finals tonight. I know I will be watching, seeing SEPPALA stretched across the pool is awesome, and I hope she does well and wins a medal, that will be fantastic!!! Go Finland!

So, that gives us now three famous Seppalas; Uncle Leonhard of dog sledding fame, Hanna-Maria, and my wife Beth. (Go check out her new photography blog here, she is really getting quite good at it!) I would count my brother Adam, but he is only famous in certain establishments on Broadway or Colfax. Ask about him, you will be regaled with tales of strength and courage!

Only a couple more nights of swimming to go, this is great racing to watch. Especially that 4 x 100, reminded me of a combination of the '07 boys 4 x 800 and the '08 girls 4 x 800, for the come from behind victory and the close margin of victory. Who knows, maybe we can get back there in '09. The way we are working, I think we have a great chance!

SEP

No comments: