Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Beginning of the New Season

Well,  tomorrow the 2009 CHS Track Season officially begins, and I for one, am VERY excited about it.   

I am excited because we have a great group of leaders on the team.  
I am excited to finally go through a whole year working on spiraling upwards with our training.
I am excited because I  learned a lot of great things working with the WTAFC this fall.
I am excited for the new State Meet format.
I am excited to see some school records come falling down.
I am just excited, I am ready to go, I am ready to dedicate 100% to the cause, and I hope all of you guys are excited as well.

The new schedule is posted on the sidebar, we start right off with intervals on Monday.  Dress appropriately!  Spikes would be good, as we will be on the shoveled track, but warm clothes are a must, it is only going to be in the 20's on Monday and Tuesday.  Hopefully it warms up later in the week for us.

No Saturday run at my house this week.  Beth and I bought some lift tickets and a free night in a hotel up at Monarch at the CHS Silent Auction.  So, we are going to head up this Saturday morning to get a ski day in.  It will be the first time on the sticks for both of us, the only goal os to come home in one piece.  Next Saturday we will be running though, Kenyan style in by the Holly tennis courts.

All right then, let's get packed tonight, the routine begins again!  I hope everyone reading this had a great break, got lots of miles in, and didn't cry too badly when the Patriots missed the play-offs.  We still got KG and the Celtics to root for!

SEP

No comments: