Thursday, January 22, 2009

Last Minute Change of Schedule

Good morning,

Unforeseen circumstances have come up, and I will not be in town on Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. Unfortunately, that means I will not be around for the Kenyan Run on Saturday morning. That is a very important work-out, and I do not want to miss it. In order to keep progressing in the right direction, I want to re-schedule the Kenyan Run from Saturday morning at my hosue to early Friday morning (tomorrow) at the Sierra track. It works out a little bit better, having a speed workout on Friday, long run on Saturday, then racing on Sunday.

I will be at the track at Sierra at 6:40 tomorrow morning with all of the equipment and the times to complete the Kenyan Run. Yes, it will be dark, yes it will be early, but it is the only time I can execute the workout and I encourage all of you to be there ready to run in your trainers. If all the distance kids show up, the workout will be a lot easier for everyone. Plus, you can go home and go back to bed, as you guys have the day off from school! Then, Saturday's workout is what Friday should have been, a long aerobic run on your own. Sunday will will race as scheduled.

To re-cap:
Today, active rest run and strength after school.
Friday, Sierra track, 6:40 am, Kenyan Run.
Saturday, long aerobic run on your own.
Sunday, race at Air Force Academy.

Also, if you do not have an up-to-date USATF number on file with me, you will not be scored in the results. Please check to make sure you USATF numbers are current, if you are unsure, ask me today or tomorrow morning.

SEP

P.S. Only 44 days to League Relays!

No comments: