Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Weekly Schedule

Over on the left the new weekly schedule is posted. I think it is pretty self-explanatory, basically more the same thing we did last week except a little harder. We might run further, do more hills, or have less rest, but the basic structure is the same. Make sure to be prepared for the weather, be super-hydrated and eat lots of good food! And, we will have a mandatory paperwork meeting in Hawk's room on Tuesday at 2:45. Don't be late!

Saturday I was hoping there would be some interest in heading up to Eldora Ski Area to do some cross-country skiing. The pricing is a lot cheaper than last year's trip to Copper, with the trail pass being about 20 bucks and the rentals (if you need them) about $23. But, I bet if we get enough people to commit by Tuesday or Wednesday, we might be able to snag some kind of group rate. If you have never been cross-country skiing, I must say, you are missing out. It is the most fun you can have, ever! And if you can walk, you can ski. I was thinking the same procedure we have on normal Saturdays. Meet at my place around 8:00, carpool up to Eldora (which is outside of Boulder in Nederland.) and then grab lunch afterwards in B-town. Hopefully some people are up for it, I know I want to go, I haven't been sliding around on the skinny skis all year!

Just got back today from Monarch Ski Area with Beth and Otis, we had a great time. Monarch is a great place to ski fast and hard, I had a blast. It is nothing like those big resorts like Copper, Breck or Steamboat, it is a small little hill, with some really great terrain and a real low-key friendly attitude. We loved it. We stayed at the Monarch Mountain Lodge, nicer and more hospitable people we have never met. And Salida is a cute little town, we had a wonderful time up there, it was a fantastic little vacation! Below is a picture of Beth and I with the high open plains in the background.

SEP

No comments: