Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lazy Afternoon Thoughts


Went out to dinner last night to Carmine's on Penn, with the 4 x 800 5A State Champions from this year.  We had a great dinner, the five of us devoured multiple baskets of bread, and then almost three plates of excellent pasta.  IF you have ever been to Carmine's, you know that one plate can feed 3-4 people, so we were just chowing down.  It was a lot of fun, I am glad the guys could come out, and I love the tradition of treating a state champion relay team to a nice dinner.  Been out five times now, would love to go out some more!


Just got back from a killer run. (to work off all that spaghetti, I guess.)  I went over 13 miles in about 1:45, for an 8:08 mi/min pace.  I was just feeling it, so I kept going, and going, and going.  I was hurting the last 1.5 miles, but the rest of the time, I was just cruising.  Longest run of the past ten years for me, I am pretty psyched!

The Seppala's are going to be pretty busy this Saturday, we got a huge crawfish boil Saturday night, and before that, there is the Great Divide 17th Anniversary party.  I hear there is going to be a real live Yeti there, that gets to dance on stage, hang out for picture ops, and generally create major mayhem and mischief.  I can't wait to get my picture taken with the beast, hopefully it dances like the guy in the suit on the right of the stage.


Finally, lots of people have been blaming ME for their inability to get to Red Rocks last Tuesday. :) :)  Here is the final word on it!  If you have ever run for me, be at the CHS Track at 8:30 on Tuesday!  Alums, present runners, anyone is welcome!  We're gonna change it up a bit this week, park in a lower lot and get right into some small stair warm-ups.  Should be fun!  See you all there!

No comments: