Monday, May 21, 2012

State Meet Wrap-Up

Overall the Wolverines, both men and women, had a great season.  For the men, second in League, 4th  in State, not bad at all.  While we will have a lot of holes to fill next year, I am confident we can do that.  The women, 9th in League, and our one female State representative competed very well this weekend.  We have a lot of room to grow on the women's side, and I am confident we will do that.

Excellent season everybody, hopefully the success and the disappointments you all experienced will cause you to train hard over the summer and fall, to be ready for another go at it next winter and spring.

A couple of final housekeeping items.  If you do not want a large student fee for your track uniform, please turn that into Coach Bowman by the end of today.  We will not chase you down, you are expected to turn in your uniform to us.

Also, if any distance athletes would like customized training plans for the summer, we will be putting the pole vault pits away a week from tomorrow, on Tuesday the 29th.  It will be in the evening, but I will get that out there as soon as we figure it out.  Help put the PV pits away for the year, get a free training plan.  Sounds like a good deal to me. While I do not have anything to do with the CHS XC program, I can give you some guidance on how to get in better shape over the summer.

Thanks to everyone this year, from athletes to parents to volunteers to coaches to siblings.  I wish the seniors the best of luck in the next chapter of their lives, and I hope to see all the underclassmen at full speed in November.

I will be updating this blog periodically throughout the summer, with anything that strikes my fancy, but it will not be as regular as it has been. Do not interpet that as a signal that I am not interested in racing or training however.  If anyone ever wants to go for a run, just call me, I would love to hit the trails with you!

SEP

No comments: