Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekly Schedule

This week's (July 21) schedule is going to be a little different than what we have become accustomed to this summer. Red Rocks as usual on Tuesday morning, make sure to hydrate more than enough, but after that it changes. Thursday night will be on your own, as my parents are coming into town that evening. I want the members of the WTAFC to do the following:

15 minute warm-up w/ strides and form drills
20 x 200 m dashes at R pace (1 min rest in-between)
15 minute cool down and stretch

I suggest you get together with athletes of similar ability level to do these.

Please do not do the first ten super fast, then the last ten super slow. Aim for consistency, make the number of intervals you do be the stressor, not the speed of the intervals. (Which means, if you want to do 25, go for it!)

Below are the speeds each athlete should be aiming for:

Alex- 34 sec (based on your race in Wisconsin)
Derek-37
Cabbage & Abbey-38
Company-39
Jake & Tyler-40
Josh, Ryan & Trey-42
Kelli & Patches - 43
Katelyn, Mel &Caroline - 44 sec

As for this Saturday, it is still up in the air. Like I said, my parents will be in town, so I don't know exactly what is going on that morning. Give me a few days to figure everything out, and I will let you know!

SEP

No comments: