Sunday, January 2, 2011

Building Those Miles

Winter break is over, back to the grind of school in less than 24 hours. I hope everyone had a great break, we had some pretty good weather for training up until the past few days, and I hope everyone got lots of miles under their legs.

I know some people have been in touch with me, telling me they have been doing up to seven miles a day, which is fantastic. That type of consistent running is exactly what everyone needs. We have one more week of base building, because next Monday is going to be a mile time trial to see where we are at, and where we have to go.

I don't want anyone sneaking in intervals to prepare for this time trial, that is not neccessary and bad for your training in the long-term. Stick to the plan, be patient, get your miles in now so you have a great aerobic base to build on for later in the season. The time trial is simply to help me and Coach Boymel develop some interval speeds for you to work on. It is not a state qualifying race! :)

See everyone tomorrow in Hawk's room right after school, but I am not sure if I will be running with you. I took a nasty fall on the cross country skis on Wednesday. I had Chloe on my back, and my feet slipped out from under me. I landed full force with her hard rubber boot in between my ribs and the snow. Ouch. It is still pretty sore, but we'll see if I can get out there and get some running in. I still got a bit of toughness in me, I hope.

SEP

No comments: