Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Winter Running Gear

I ran yesterday morning before school started, (12 hill repeats!) and it was pretty chilly outside.  When I left, it was 27 F, when I got back, it was 28 F.  I was very grateful that I had proper running gear, such as gloves, a thin hat, some good synthetic long underwear, and a nice running top.  If it was colder, or if I was planning on not doing hills, I would have worn some long pants and warm socks.

Proper running gear is important, because throughout the winter, we will be training outside no matter what the weather.  As the old Scandinavian saying goes, "there is no bad weather, only bad clothing".

So, if you have all this gear, dust it off, make sure it fits, and put it in your gym bag and leave it there.  Warm clothing is no good if you leave it at your house.  If you don't have this gear, don't fret, you can always get it at the Wolverine Winter Track Club Shoe Night on November 15th, at the Boulder Running Company - DTC.  Shameless plug, I know, but they will have all the equipment you need at great prices.  Early X-mas gift perhaps?

SEP

No comments: