Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Saturday

I hope all of you reading this had a great Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and some good time spent running.  I got in a great six mile run through the woods, and my sore hamstring felt great.  Today, it was 90 minutes in the pool, watching Chloe swim and splashing around with Reid.  Tomorrow, not sure what I am going to do, but I have a suggestion for all the Gulo Gulo track kids, repeat 200s!

Head on over to the track, and after a through warm-up and stretch (that includes nice slow form drills as well as lunges) get your fast shoes tied on.  I want you to do ten repat 200's and all-out speed.  Your form should be perfect, you should not be hunched over, and I want fast light steps.  Picture yourself as Alyson Felix out there, that will make you faster.

For your rest, I want you to walk/easy shuffle 300 meters.  (Not just 200.)  This extra rest will accomplish two things, it will force you to run all areas of the track, and it will make your tenth 200 just as fast as your first.  So yes, believe it or not, I want more rest between these fast 200's, thank me later when you are chasing down kids in the mile when spring track rolls around.

Enjoy the rest of your break, take an active rest day Sunday, and get ready for a week of really hard training come Monday.

SEP

No comments: